Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Part 2 : Our Family Background Profile

We are Lim's Family with 2 children age 7 and 5 years respectively, staying at the Northern part of Singapore.

My name is Lina, a Chinese Indonesian who married a local Chinese Singapore.
I was born in Indonesia (Medan) and growing up in the average middle income family with 3 other younger siblings (2 brothers and 1 sister). As the eldest in the family, my highest education was till Senior High School (SMA) in Medan. I did not have any chances to further my education to higher level as my parents need to afford another 3 younger school going children.

Nowadays, life will be hard without a proper and higher education level. Therefore, since I married the LIM in 1999 in Singapore, and I have been success in guiding my 2 youngest siblings (1 brother and 1 sister) to get a Diploma from Singapore Polytechnic. They started with a very little fund from my parents. I had to arrange their accomodation, school fees, transport, meals etc. Finally they had been graduated and have their own jobs and living style here, and acquired the Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR).

Looking back at their past lifestyle in Indonesia and current lifestyle in Singapore, then come the idea for me to help those children from the middle class income family like me to get a chanceto study in Singapore, which I need had in my youngster day.

Previously, the 'dream' would be impossible. But now, I wish I have a chance to help those children who is not come from a wealthy family to have a chance to get a proper education and have a better future.
These are my very important reasons why I would like to do a homestay and guardianship for foreign student, especially from Indonesia. I hope I can help more people with a limited budget to come and have the good and proper education in Singapore. and, to parents who will entrust their child in our care, please don't worried. Your child will be in the good hands with our family.

I will personally :

  1. See to all administration / application procedures for Immigration, School & Tuition.
  2. Monitoring their school work daily and behaviour in the / out of school.
  3. Provide feedback (usually monthly in a report book done by me ) to parents on their progress in all areas of their development while staying with our family.
  4. Provide varietyof meals suited to their meals.

No comments: